Friday, November 28, 2014

OOTD: A thankful look

First things first..... I cut my hair! I cut about 5 1/2- 6 inches off so it is kind of a drastic change. I feel kind of like a 20's flapper mixed with Taylor Swift with my new hair-do. So, I'm basically obsessed! Do you like short hair or long hair? Let me know in the comments! 

But here is my Thanksgiving day look........


Thanksgiving calls for a festive outfit. When I think of Thanksgiving I think of my favorite foods from the famous meal, cranberry sauce and mashed potatoes. So, for my outfit I took inspiration from the two foods with a cranberry colored dress and a creme colored cardigan. 

For my outfit I wanted to be comfortable and be able to eat a lot! The key to a great Thanksgiving look is being able to hide your food baby. So, I chose an adorable baby doll style dress. I love this dress because of the extra tulle skirt. It creates a fun and festive look perfect for any holiday party! 


Overtop my dress I wore my favorite winter sweater. This cardigan is basically a sweater which is perfect for a long evening of food. This sweater also has great small details like a zipper closure and side pockets. I always stash my phone in these small pockets which is super handy. 


For my jewelry I wore my go-to necklace of the moment my tassel monogram necklace from Marley Lilly. I am OBSESSED with this piece! Its simple compared to most of my pieces so I love throwing it on with statement earrings. I wore these great black and crystal earrings from Baublebar to complete the look. 


For my shoes I wore these awesome maroon heels. The heel is super chunky and it has a high platform which makes them surprisingly comfortable. I bought these a while back for only $9! What a steal! 


Where it's from: 
Dress: Local boutique in Iowa 
Sweater: Nordstrom 
Necklace: Marley Lilly 
Shoes: Forever 21 
Tights: Aerie 
Earrings: Baublebar 
Watch: Henri Bendel 


For my arm party I went a little crazy! Without the problem of having to write and type constantly I stacked up my bracelets for this look. I am loving a new purchase from Armed and Readi recently. It's a marbled beaded bracelet with an adorable creme tassel detail. Then I wore my favorite Alex and Ani bangles (as usual) as well as an adorable Lilly and Laura bracelet. 

What did you wear for Thanksgiving? Let me know in the comments or post a link to a blog post! I would love to see :) 
XOXO 
Miranda 

No comments:

Post a Comment