Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Inside London Fashion Week: Emilia Wickstead


In my previous Inside Fashion Week post I talked about my experience working at the Mother of Pearl show (check it out HERE)! This time I am going to chat about my time while working backstage at Emilia Wickstead. 

Emilia Wickstead is a pretty big name designer so it was amazing to get to volunteer backstage! My tasks included unloading the van with the clothing in it, placing the press release cards on the benches, as well as being a dresser for a model backstage! It was interesting to see the difference between the two shows. The Emilia Wickstead show was a lot more crazy and intense. They were also super strict about taking pictures backstage so sorry for the lack of pictures! But, none the less it was a great experience. It was awesome to get to see what goes into a major runway show.


The clothing for the shows was AMAZING. There were gorgeous floral gowns, embellished pieces, pink and white stripes, and lots of other feminine chic pieces. In addition, the collection had a lot of unique silhouettes and shapes. Here are a few of my favorite pieces.... 

Images from Vogue.com 

Here is the model that I dressed for the show! This dress was gorgeous and was for sure one of my favorite pieces. 




Here are a few more backstage shots. They had two poster boards with all of the models head shots as well as photos of the models in their looks. 




Here is my friend Maggie and I outside of the venue for the show!



What was your favorite London Fashion Week show? Let me know in the comments! 
XOXO 
Miranda 

No comments:

Post a Comment